World Ocean Council sponsors Paving the Waves Conference
We are happy to announce that the “World Ocean Council” is officially a partner and supporter of the Paving the Waves Conference 2020! The Paving the Waves Conference in Rotterdam on 6-8 October will bring together industry, policymakers, entrepreneurs and researchers around the future of structures for offshore and inland waters in the context of sustainable development.
The event will:
• Disseminate state-of-the-art knowledge about floating development.
• Raise awareness of sustainable use of inland/open waters through floating structures as a climate-adaptive measure for urban and offshore development.
• Foster multidisciplinary and international collaboration to improve the collective understanding of floating solutions.
• Establish a community of practice and take stock of emerging approaches in floating innovation.
• Identify knowledge gaps and share insights regarding the sustainable expansion of coastal cities on water.
The call for abstracts is open until 6 March 2020 to professionals globally from all sectors with a shared interest and vision in floating development, e.g. civil engineering, naval architecture, architectural design and engineering, maritime law/regulation, governance, sustainable urban development and planning, real estate development, circular economy, and innovative monitoring.
Abstracts are welcomed in the following fields:
• Business Case & Real Estate Development: Low-cost solutions & affordability; Business case development; Real estate development; Blue economy; Circular economy; Insurance
• Spatial Planning & Architecture: Maritime spatial planning; Urban planning & development; Architecture design & engineering
• Food & Energy Production: Food production: Energy production
• Ecological Impact & Nature Based Solutions: Ecological & environmental impact; Nature-based solutions; Environmental management
• Governance & Social Impact: Policy & Governance; Legislation & regulation; Certification & classification; Social impact & responsibilities; Awareness & acceptance
• Design & Engineering of (Infra)Structures: Design & Engineering of VLFS; Installation, operation, monitoring & maintenance; Materials & technology; Infrastructure; Transportation & logistics
For more information on the conference, click here.
For those interested in becoming a Sponsor of the PtW:WCFS2020 and benefiting from a high level of visibility associated with this unique event, click here